Meet the Student Services Team
Student Success Coordinator
Leadership Course Facilitator
Assists with NCVPS
Field Trip Planning/College Visits
PSAT & AP Student Accommodations
Home Bound Student Communications
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive school counseling
program that addresses academic, social/personal, and career
development for all students.
- Individual counseling and planning for students in
- Lead special topics small group counseling groups.
- Classroom guidance (i.e. large group counseling) that
addresses students' academic, social/personal, and career
- Attend and participate in academic intervention
- Provide a confidential relationship for students, staff,
- Lead the Character Education program to promote
character building skills in all students.
- Serve as the 4th and 8th Grade Transition Advisor.
- Conduct Zero Hour on Mondays.
- Consult and collaborate with students, parents,
teachers, and administrators.
- Provice information and resources to parents on a
variety of issues.
K-4 Social Worker
- Provide support and is
a member of the EWA Student Services Team.
- Section 504
coordinator for grades K-12.
- CICO Coordinator for elementary
students -meets with CICO students before and after
school, setting daily goals through positive feedback
- Provide individual student
counseling and planning for students in grades K-4.
- Conducts student observations in
- Assists Ms. Ferhatovic with 4th
grade transition to Middle School.
- Assist teachers
in the assignment of students to the PIP process.
- Assist SST Team
in problem solving student reading weaknesses.
- Review assessment
data to make instructional decisions to address reading
- Prepare and
deliver focused scientifically based reading intervention
instruction in a small group setting.
- Monitor student
progress towards achieving instructional objectives and
goals on the PIP Plans.
- Communicate with
teachers and parents concerning student progress.
Develop and maintain a
Comprehensive Health Plan.
Coordinate expanded health
services including disease prevention, mental health
counseling, case management and care of special needs
Provide basic health services
in the areas of immunizations, communicable disease control,
health screenings, medications, health care counseling, and
routine and emergency health care.
Perform hearing, vision, and
height/weight/BMI screenings on students and staff, as
Provide instruction to
students and staff in the areas of CPR, AED use, Puberty,
Abstinence and general health and wellness
Maintain and document the
upkeep of school Automatic External Defibrillators and
athletic training bags.
Serve as Co-Chair for the EWA
Care and Share Program.
East Wake Academy
400 NMC Drive Zebulon, NC 27597 Phone:
© Copyright East Wake Academy