Senior Academy Announcements
April 24, 2020
Good Morning Senior Academy Families!
Senior Academy Department News:
4th Quarter Expectations: Students, remember to keep checking your EWA email this week for EWA’s eLearning support.
Please contact your teacher if there are questions concerning your eLearning experience. Teachers and staff are here to patiently support our students and families throughout this challenging time.
Counselor’s Corner: - Notes from Mrs. Naftel…
I hope this finds you well and congrats on your 3rd week of virtual learning!! This is not easy, but we are in this together!
I encourage students to continue to check their EWA student account so they will know when their schedule is ready. Schedule distribution:
- week of April 14 rising 12th grade students, students with IEPs or 504s (and beyond)
- week of April 20 rising 11th grade students (and beyond)
- week of April 27 rising 10th grade students (and beyond)
- week of May 4 rising 9th grade students
If students who are taking CCP courses in fall of 2020 are aware of their schedule or are ready to register, please reach out so I can share with you which blocks can be dedicated to CCP.
Want to take CCP but didn't attend the information session? I can help you get enrolled at WTCC or Nash (online only), please reach out and ask about this option
If you are wanting to make changes to your schedule, please submit those changes using this link : https://forms.gle/EBj4bFqW2hwuWBdp7 or I also encourage you to make an appointment with me using the link below and we can makes changes on a video conference call or over the phone.
Thank you for your patience!
Students Stay updated:
Congratulations: to Ryan Pender on his acceptance to Wake Tech Community College, Neal Hernandez on his acceptance to ECU and to Jasline Goedgedrag on her acceptance to UNC-G.
(Reminder Seniors, if you have been accepted to a College or University please forward your great news to Mrs. Ray.)
Seniors: We know there are many questions concerning 4thquarter academics, prom, graduation etc. Please see the email that went out last Wednesday, discussing several of these items. If you had problems receiving the email or did not receive the email, please let Mrs. Ray know. If you have any questions concerning the information, please direct them to Mr. Johnson.
School Office Hours – Our school buildings are closed for students and the public, but school is still operating. The main office will be manned Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 – noon. The best way to contact the school or admin is by email. We are also working in the building and remotely all week!
NCDPI / State Board of Education / NC Legislature: There are still more unknowns than knowns in the world of education. NCDPI and the State Board have asked the Legislature for several waivers for testing and other aspects of accountability during this crisis. The primary one that impacts kids the most – TESTING. The Federal Government, NCDPI, and the State Board have recommended NO EOG or EOC testing this year. A draft bill is set for the Legislature to do just that. We are 99.99% positive; the bill will pass. So, celebrate - NO END OF THE YEAR TESTING!
NCDPI and NCDHHS 877-877 Meal Locator Texting Resource for Parents
· To help increase awareness of local meal distribution sites serving children across North Carolina, we invite you to please help promote the "text FOODNC to 877-877" texting service in both English and Spanish. For the Spanish-language version, users text COMIDA to 877-877.
· We are asking community stakeholders to help spread the word about this resource for families, especially those families who may be struggling to feed their children in these unprecedented times.
· Families who need help finding meals for their children ages 18 and younger can text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate nearby free meal sites. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877.
· After entering their address, families will receive a text with the location and serving times for nearby pick-up and drive-thru meal sites while schools are closed. Sites have been set up across the state with school and community partners.
APP and Website – If you have not downloaded the school APP, please do. The APP is EWA in the palm of your hand. Live Feed and News links are two great resources. Take a look at all the messages from our teachers! Also, from the staff list, you can email the teacher directly.
Your support and encouragement are imperative to the success of this new normal. Thank you so much for your patience and help as we continue to navigate this new territory.
"It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." ~ Roger Babson