Senior Academy Announcements
May 13, 2020
Good Morning Senior Academy Families!
Students Stay updated:
- Information about Senior Commencement was sent out Sunday, May 10. If you have not received this email contact Mrs. Ray today.
- We will have NHS Stoles, Honor Society Cords and Eagle Society Medals available for drive-thru pick up on May 14th. This will take place in the High School teacher parking lot. The time will be 9 to 12. Hopefully, we will have other items available but not sure at this time. More Information to come. Email Mrs. Campbell if you have any questions. Kcampbell@eastwakeacademy.org
- A survey was sent out to you regarding acceptances, scholarship(s) and where you are bound for after graduating (universities, community colleges, working…. etc.) This information is requested every year and your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have not received the form from Mrs. Massey yet, please email Mrs. Ray at email@example.com and she will forward the form to you.
Personal Item Pickup: We are working on plans for personal item pickup of items left on campus by students in classrooms or lockers. We will provide details ASAP.
Spring Sports: Our coaching staff will be setting up uniform drop off stations on Wednesday, May 13, from 10-2 and Thursday, May 14, from 2-6. The stations will be set up in the k-8 carpool line in front of the gym. A coach will assist you directly from your car. Please do not exit your vehicle.
During these time slots we will be accomplishing the following:
- Drop off spring uniforms (Please have all uniforms washed and ready)
- Pass out pictures
- Pass out online apparel orders
- ALL senior athletes pick up their banners
EWA will be moving our Peru 2020 trip to Summer 2021 and England to 2022. If anyone is interested in registering for either trip, registration is open now for both. Please reach out to Sr. Shafer firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you!
Closing out the Instructional Year Plan: ** The official date for the end of school is June 5 but May 15 (K-8) and May 22 (9-12) represent the end of day to day formal instruction as you are currently experiencing. The time from May 18 – May 29 will be used by staff to close out the 2019 -20 school year, provide academic and social-emotional feedback. June 2 – June 8 will be for planning for 2020-21.
- May 18 – May 22: Teachers will collect student choice for a numeric grade or PC 19 grades 9 -11 (more details to be provided)
- May 22: Formal instruction will close for grades 9-12
- May 25 – May 29: Teachers will collect any open assignments and complete all grading.
- May 29: Gradebooks closed out and locked
The plan is designed to give parents/students closure to this school year and relieve stress on families. The plan also provides teachers with enough time to reflect on the learning from the year and to provide valuable feedback on your child's current academic and social-emotional level. Optional summer materials and resources will be provided to support families that wish to continue to engage in learning opportunities for their children.
We appreciate your continued support and grace during these trying times.
School Office Hours – Our school buildings are closed for students and the public, but school is still operating. The main office will be manned Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 – noon. The best way to contact the school or admin is by email. We are also working in the building and remotely all week!
Counselor’s Corner: - Notes from Mrs. Naftel…
Hello students and parents!
As we finished our 4th week of virtual learning I want to congratulate you all on your hard work ! This is not easy and you are adapting on a daily basis to so many changes. It has been wonderful interacting with students and helping them adjust their schedules. I am so thankful we have this time to make preparations for 2020-2021 so our return to EWA can be as smooth as possible.
I am reaching out today to offer "Counselor Cafe" drop in zoom meetings. Students will have the opportunity to join my weekly zoom meeting on Fridays (next 5/8) from 11:30-1pm where they can interact with peers, ask questions, and stay connected. I truly want this to be student driven so students can have an outlet to share their voice and ideas.
zoom ID : 898-3538-2218 password:EWAeagles
I look forward to seeing you all there!
Student Support Team Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/zbfpx
“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John Wooden