Senior Academy Announcements
April 22, 2020
Good Morning Senior Academy Families!
Senior Academy Department News:
4th Quarter Expectations: Students, remember to keep checking your EWA email this week for EWA’s eLearning support.
Please contact your teacher if there are questions concerning your eLearning experience. Teachers and staff are here to patiently support our students and families throughout this challenging time.
Counselor’s Corner: - Notes from Mrs. Naftel…
As we wrap up the second week of virtual learning, my continued hope for you and your family is that you are giving yourself grace and time to adjust. We will all make mistakes during this time and it's ok to make mistakes! We are all seeing changes on a daily basis, and if a need arises, please communicate with me or any EWA staff member so you and your family can be connected with resources to help you during this challenging time. You are not in this alone - we are here to help!
Good news!!I have been granted the green light to start adjusting schedules and will be releasing schedules on these dates:
- Rising 12th grade, students with 504s, and students with IEPs: week of April 13
- Rising 11th grade: week of April 20th
- Rising 10th grade: week of April 27th
- Rising 9th grade: week of May 4
Students who are registering for CCP- once you have been granted access to do so, please email me at your earliest convenience so I can tell you which blocks can be dedicated to College & Career Promise classes.
Students will receive an email (in their EWA gmail account) that their schedule is available. Students then have the choice to either make a virtual appointment (phone conference or video conference through Google Meet) to see and discuss their schedule or they can simply email me for a copy of their schedule. (link to virtual meeting will be sent to student in a separate email)
Students can make an appointment by clicking on this link: https://snaftel.youcanbook.me/
Students Stay updated:
Seniors, if you have been accepted to a College or University please forward your great news to Mrs. Ray.
Seniors: We know there are many questions concerning 4thquarter academics, prom, graduation etc. Please see the email that went out last Wednesday, discussing several of these items. If you had problems receiving the email or did not receive the email, please let Mrs. Ray know. If you have any questions concerning the information, please direct them to Mr. Johnson.
School Office Hours – Our school buildings are closed for students and the public, but school is still operating. The main office will be manned Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 – noon. The best way to contact the school or admin is by email. We are also working in the building and remotely all week!
NCDPI / State Board of Education / NC Legislature: There are still more unknowns than knowns in the world of education. NCDPI and the State Board have asked the Legislature for several waivers for testing and other aspects of accountability during this crisis. The primary one that impacts kids the most – TESTING. The Federal Government, NCDPI, and the State Board have recommended NO EOG or EOC testing this year. A draft bill is set for the Legislature to do just that. We are 99.99% positive; the bill will pass. So, celebrate - NO END OF THE YEAR TESTING!
NCDPI and NCDHHS 877-877 Meal Locator Texting Resource for Parents
- To help increase awareness of local meal distribution sites serving children across North Carolina, we invite you to please help promote the "text FOODNC to 877-877" texting service in both English and Spanish. For the Spanish-language version, users text COMIDA to 877-877.
- We are asking community stakeholders to help spread the word about this resource for families, especially those families who may be struggling to feed their children in these unprecedented times.
- Families who need help finding meals for their children ages 18 and younger can text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate nearby free meal sites. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877.
- After entering their address, families will receive a text with the location and serving times for nearby pick-up and drive-thru meal sites while schools are closed. Sites have been set up across the state with school and community partners.
APP and Website – If you have not downloaded the school APP, please do. The APP is EWA in the palm of your hand. Live Feed and News links are two great resources. Take a look at all the messages from our teachers! Also, from the staff list, you can email the teacher directly.
Your support and encouragement are imperative to the success of this new normal. Thank you so much for your patience and help as we continue to navigate this new territory.
“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John Wooden