Senior Academy Announcements
August 31, 2020
Good Morning Senior Academy!
Students Stay updated:
Thank you everyone for applying to Student Council and to both students and staff for helping make the elections go smoothly. Congratulations to your 2020-21 Student Council:
Student Body President- Caleb Levinson
Student Body Vice President- Savannah Sprague
Student Body Treasurer- Kristen Seavy
Student Body Secretary- Peyton Campbell
- Senior Class President- Ella Grace Horton
- Senior Class Reps- Taylor Hunt, Francis Griffin, Abraham Tesfaye, Bailey Nipper, and Aubri Sprouse
- Junior Class President- Elise Perry
- Junior Class Reps- Laura Narron, Mara Bear, and Hannah Smith
- Sophomore Class President- Madison Radford
- Sophomore Class Reps- McKayla Pearce, Nolan Peterson, Peter Hall, Jocelyn Shirley, Haley Spivey, and Ginny Beth Swaim
- Freshman Class President- Hunter Smith
- Freshman Class Reps- Rylee Sharpe, Cara Beth Erickson, Anna Mae Horton, and Grayson Warren
Thank you to all who applied! If you have any questions or concerns regarding the election and your application please reach out to Mr. Raynor at email@example.com
September 4 was originally scheduled as an early release day and Monday is scheduled as a Holiday. The Labor Day Weekend usually marks the end of summer and the last getaway. With this said - we are making September 4th a "NO Instruction Day" in celebration of all of our families and staff. So plan accordingly! Enjoy the LONG weekend before our dash to track out!
September 4th and September 7th School Holiday – No Remote classes
Remote School: If you are unable to be present for any of your ZOOM classes, contact your teacher by email TODAY - find out what you will miss in class and what needs to be completed in order to fulfill attendance and class assignment requirements for any Live Zooms missed.
Week Remote Schedule:
1st – 9:00-10:00am
2nd – 10:15-11:15am
3rd – 11:30-12:30pm
Lunch – 12:30-1:30pm
4th – 1:45-2:45pm
1st – 9:00-9:45am
2nd – 10:00-10:45am
3rd – 11:00-11:45am
4th – 12:00-12:45pm
Parents/Athletes, Below is the official updated sports calendar that was released by the NC Athletic Association for the 2020-2021 school year. You will find the tryout date for each sport listed. More information will be sent out soon.
- Cross Country: November 4th
- Volleyball: November 4th
- Basketball: December 7th
- Cheer: December 7th
- Men's Soccer: January 11th
- Men and Women Golf: March 1st
- Women Soccer: March 1st
- Softball: March: 1st
- Baseball: April 12th
Please contact Coach Eason if you have any questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EWA will be hosting an informational session concerning our England 2022 Summer trip for students on Wednesday, September 2nd at 6:00 virtually. Participants will learn about the trip, cost, COVID implications, and EF's new worry free coverage in the event the pandemic is still lingering. We will also discuss potential scholarship opportunities. Space is limited and the earlier you register, the lower payments will be. If you would like to learn more, please rsvp with the link https://rsvp.eftours.com/xkbn8te. Just prior to the meeting, a Zoom invitation will be sent out to those who RSVP. We look forward to meeting with you all!
Counselor’s Corner: - Notes from Mrs. Naftel…
Contacting me/Making an appointment:
- Students and parents can make virtual appointments with me using my appointment link: https://snaftel.youcanbook.me and choose from either a phone call or video conference
- I am also available via email to answer questions that may arise. email@example.com
For more information, Click Here for the July/August Newsletter.
“Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John Wooden