Senior Academy Announcements
September 11, 2020
Good Morning Senior Academy!
STUDENTS STAY UPDATED:
Remote School: If you are unable to be present for any of your ZOOM classes, contact your teacher by email TODAY - find out what you will miss in class and what needs to be completed in order to fulfill attendance and class assignment requirements for any Live Zooms missed.
Week Remote Schedule:
1st – 9:00-10:00am
2nd – 10:15-11:15am
3rd – 11:30-12:30pm
Lunch – 12:30-1:30pm
4th – 1:45-2:45pm
1st – 9:00-9:45am
2nd – 10:00-10:45am
3rd – 11:00-11:45am
4th – 12:00-12:45pm
The Diversity Club aims to bring together students of different backgrounds, providing an intentional space for building bridges to connect students across their differences. It will focus on helping students become more open to and less threatened by their uniqueness. Diversity Club will also help students become more compassionate, able to interact more effectively with students from a variety of backgrounds, and sidestep any stereotypes they might have.
- If you are interested in joining the Diversity Club, there will be a meeting on Monday, September 14th at 12:45. Please email Ms. Barkley (formerly Mrs. Eddins) at email@example.com for Zoom meeting details.
COUNSELOR’S CORNER: - Notes from Mrs. Naftel…
Select link Sept Counselor Corner for more important information from Mrs. Naftel.
Events in September:
- Queens University in Charlotte virtual visit Sept. 14 @ 12:45pm (ask Mrs. Naftel for the Google Meet link)
- UNC Charlotte virtual visit Sept. 21 @ 12:45pm (ask Mrs. Naftel for the Google Meet link)
- UNC Greensboro virtual visit Sept. 22 @ 12:45pm (ask Mrs. Naftel for Google Meet link)
- FAFSA Virtual Presentation Sept. 23 @ 6pm (ask Mrs. Naftel for Zoom link )
- ECU virtual visit Sept. 24 @ 12:45pm (ask Mrs. Naftel for Google Meet link)
- Salem College virtual visit has been moved to Monday, Oct 19 @ 12:45pm (ask Mrs. Naftel for the Google Meet link)
September 11, 2001 is a day that many will never forget. After the terrorist attacks on our World Trade Center and the Pentagon, many Americans’ lives were changed forever. Let’s remember that day, fill our hearts with strength and pay tribute to those who lost their lives on 9/11.