Senior Academy Announcements
May 15, 2020
Good Morning Senior Academy Families!
Students Stay updated:
- Information about Senior Commencement was sent out. If you have not received this email contact Mrs. Ray today. If you have any questions concerning this event, please direct them to Mr. Johnson.
- If you purchased invitations, Jostens will be mailing them directly to your home once they come in. If you have any questions, please contact Jostens directly.
- Please see link http://wakeweekly.com/wake-graduation/ for an opportunity to help celebrate your Senior this year.
Personal Item Pickup: We are working on plans for personal item pickup of items left on campus by students in classrooms or lockers. We will provide details ASAP.
EWA will be moving our Peru 2020 trip to Summer 2021 and England to 2022. If anyone is interested in registering for either trip, registration is open now for both. Please reach out to Sr. Shafer email@example.com for more information. Thank you!
Yearbooks: We will be working on a way to distribute yearbooks and give you more details soon.
The following students competed in the FBLA regional competition in December and the online virtual State Competition this year!
Here are 2020 State Winners for EWA!
- Tristan Hawkins - 3rd place in the state Networking Concepts!
- Harrison Heuts - 4th place Agribusiness!
Top 10 finisher in NC:
- Katie Horan - Organizational Leadership
Top 25 finishers in NC:
- Ethan Halley - Spreadsheet Applications
- Stephen Halley - Personal Finance
- Eli Warren - Health Care Administration
Closing out the Instructional Year Plan: ** The official date for the end of school is June 5 but May 15 (K-8) and May 22 (9-12) represent the end of day to day formal instruction as you are currently experiencing. The time from May 18 – May 29 will be used by staff to close out the 2019 -20 school year, provide academic and social-emotional feedback. June 2 – June 8 will be for planning for 2020-21.
· May 18 – May 22: Teachers will collect student choice for a numeric grade or PC 19 grades 9 -11 (more details to be provided soon )
· May 22: Formal instruction will close for grades 9-12
· May 25 – May 29: Teachers will collect any open assignments and complete all grading.
· May 29: Gradebooks closed out and locked
The plan is designed to give parents/students closure to this school year and relieve stress on families. The plan also provides teachers with enough time to reflect on the learning from the year and to provide valuable feedback on your child's current academic and social-emotional level. Optional summer materials and resources will be provided to support families that wish to continue to engage in learning opportunities for their children.
We appreciate your continued support and grace during these trying times.
School Office Hours – Our school buildings are closed for students and the public, but school is still operating. The main office will be manned Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 – noon. The best way to contact the school or admin is by email. We are also working in the building and remotely all week!
Counselor’s Corner: - Notes from Mrs. Naftel…
Hello students and parents!
It has been wonderful interacting with students and helping them adjust their schedules. I am so thankful we have this time to make preparations for 2020-2021 so our return to EWA can be as smooth as possible.
I am reaching out today to offer "Counselor Cafe" drop in zoom meetings. Students will have the opportunity to join my weekly zoom meeting on Fridays
UPDATE:(next 5/15) from 11:30-12:10pm (Zoom has limited our time) where they can interact with peers, ask questions, and stay connected. I truly want this to be student driven so students can have an outlet to share their voice and ideas.
zoom ID : 898-3538-2218 password:EWAeagles
I look forward to seeing you all there!
Student Support Team Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/zbfpx
"You are today where your thoughts have brought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you." ~ James Allen